December 10, 2008

Matt and Ruth's B-day!


So Matt turned 19 yesterday, December 9th and Ruth turned 3 weeks old! We all stayed up till midnight so we could greet the 9th with cake and candles. Matt's favorite cake is, of course, yellow cake with chocolate frosting. Brad did a great job baking it up and decorating it with nineteen candles. We thought it would be funny to put 20 candles in the cake, make Matt put a button up shirt on and take a picture so we could pretend we were part of his 20th b-day (obviously we won't be there since he'll be on a mission). Matt also opened his presents, money from us and a great red sweater from mom. We all had a great time. I am wearing my hat because I cut my hair on Sunday so it's super short...it's taking time to get used to it, plus I hadn't done my hair that day. Brad also took some great pictures of baby Ruth on her b-day.

1 comment:

suzanne said...

I've been waiting for some pics to show up! Congrats Katie! She's beautiful. I think she looks SO much like you! I would love to see a pic of the dress your mom made her. Congrats on a wonderful event! Loves..........