October 16, 2009

A Week in Review

(She's eating an apple)
Flu shots (Ruth was a total champ), dental appointments, Brad met with his boss again, Relief Society Super Saturday (which was tons of fun), Ruth is growing two molars, I finished my quilt, and taught a cooking class last night.

These two are crafts we did in the afternoon at Super Saturday:



I know the quilt looks crooked, that's only because I was falling off the couch trying to get a picture of the whole thing!


This is the edge of the quilt:


This is the back side of the quilt. Since the front squares are all birdhouses I thought it would be cute to back it with bird fabric.

5 comments:

nison (nic + allison) said...

Can't believe the quilt! What an amazing accomplishment! I can't even sew...Please post how you did the tree! So dang cute!

Paula Laws said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! Way to go Katie, the quilt is wonderful.

Ruth, you are the cutest!

Sumo @ Sumo's Sweet Stuff said...

I love all of your projects. For the tree, is that just a cone that you glued pieces of scrapbook paper to? And curled the paper with a pencil or something? I'm with Alli - can you post how you did it, or email me how you did it? I've gotta make one!

summer.andrus@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Yes, Summer nailed it on the head. I cut the paper all different sizes then hot-glued them to a styrofoam cone. The trick I learned was to use bigger pieces on the bottom and smaller pieces on top.

Tiffany said...

Katie, your crafts are awesome! I am so impressed with your quilt. I bet you're so proud of it! It looks like TONS of work!! Hope all is well! :o)