May 14, 2011

Hey, it's okay!

It's okay that I change my mind about things. When I was first married I couldn't stand westerns, pepperoni, jalapenos or hot dogs. I seriously love all of these things now, which makes Brad sad. Now when we get a pepperoni pizza he doesn't get all my pepperoni's. We love watching westerns together now.

It's okay that I like Maureen O'Hara better than Katherine Hepburn. I was named after Katherine Hepburn, but Maureen plays the "strong woman" role way better than Hepburn. My namesake comes off a little annoying. I recently watched Redhead from Wyoming (a western) and LOVED it. Go Maureen.

It's okay that I like dandelions. I realize they are technically a weed, but they're the cutest little yellow flowers too! (Don't tell Brad, he is in an all out war against the dandelions in our front and back yards!) I have always liked them, even when I was a wee lass.

It's okay that I've replaced my desire to eat with retail therapy!

1 comment:

Paula Laws said...

I love dandelions too and Maureen O'Hara. Whatever happened to women like that in the movies. She was the real thing. Did you know she was nursing her newborn while she was filming "The Quite Man" in Ireland. I pretty sure it was baby #5 and she had her others there with her. Geez! Nanny and maid in tow, of course, but still amazing. I think she was the only women who was John Wayne's equal. A "Women's Women" if there is such a thing. I wish I could replace eating with retail therapy, I've tried and had no success. Of course, unless I was shopping for chocolate. It was so good to see you guys. Love you lots. Paula